Galactic Game Engine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Win32 Build And Setup

Go down

Win32 Build And Setup Empty Win32 Build And Setup

Post by Admin Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:28 pm

**************************************************************************************************************
* INSTRUCTIONS FOR BUILDING AND RUNNING THE GALACTIC ENGINE
* FOR WIN32 (NOTE this is not the prefered method for running a live server only for dev purposes)
* READ CAREFULLY AND THOROUGHLY BEFORE ATTEMPTING SETUP
**************************************************************************************************************

#############################################################################################
# GALACTIC ENGINE SERVER & CLIENT REQUIREMENTS FOR BUILD AND RUNNING
#############################################################################################
DOWNLOADS LINK:
64 Bit https://mega.nz/#F!z9kyxTpJ!4t5g3V6dVxO0GgGzdG-7mw
32 Bit COMING SOON
1. VISUAL STUDIO
-Install Visual Studio 2010 (For Building the Client from within 2015)
-Install Visual Studio 2015 (Ultimate preferred) FOR BOTH this is the actual ide used
2. Install Perl
3. Download WinBash SEE BELOW FOR PATHS
4. Install Java 1.8.102 32-bit SEE BELOW FOR PATHS
5. Install Oracle DB (see below )
6. Install Git For Windows
7. Perforce Server and Client (For using soe tools )
8. Python2.7 and Ply (python module use google)((SEE BELOW FOR PATHS)
9. Install Cygwin select install for Devel Perl and Python

10. Webserver for the loginserver authentication scripts
(IIS Since your on windows is easiest as ive included the script needed and a sample mysql schema)
11 Install anything in that zip that i missed lol

##SYSTEM PATHS ##
C:\boost
C:\sqlite
C:\GalacticEngine\swg\current\exe\win32
C:\GalacticEngine\swg\current\tools
C:\GalacticEngine\swg\current\tools\perllib
C:\Perl64\site\bin
C:\Perl64\bin
C:\Python27\
C:\Python27\Scripts
C:\Java\jdk1.8.0_101\bin
C:\Java\jdk1.8.0_101\lib
C:\Java\jdk1.8.0_101\include
C:\Java\jre\bin
C:\Java\jre\client\bin
C:\Java\jre\lib
C:\curl-7.45.0
C:\curl-7.45.0\include
C:\curl-7.45.0\lib
c:\winbash
#############################################################################
# Debian VM Setup
SEE DebianVMsBuildAndSetup.txt
# Client Data Setup (TRE DOWNLOADS SECTION LOL)
1. extract tres.rar copy the .sot files to c:/galacticengine/swg/current/data/tres
3. once completed if you want the compiled data but dont want to compile it you CAN extract the files using the
exe\win32\extracttres.bat file

# Server Data build and Oracle DB Import
#######################
# USING THE VM
#######################
start the vm
edit your cfg files to point to your vm ip address depending on how you configure it it will be either your internal or external ip
start your game servers lol
#######################
# WINDOWS ORACLE
#######################
VERY FLAKY USE THE VM IF YOU CAN
1. Once you have installed Oracle and setup a data base open SQLDeveloper and autogenerate your local connections
2. Connect to your SWG Database listed
3. Paste this into the Query Window
DROP USER swg CASCADE;
CREATE USER swg IDENTIFIED BY swg;
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES TO swg;
GRANT UNLIMITED TABLESPACE TO swg;

4. navigate to your GalacticEngine\swg\current
A. double click ./build_data.sh follow prompts
B. open cygwin terminal
Type cd c:/galacticengine/swg/current ENTER
Type ./CRCandPreloadBuilder.sh ENTER
Close Cygwin
C. double click import_database.sh Follow Prompts... (ONLY IF YOU ARE USING THE WINDOWS ORACLE I RECCOMEND USING THE VM FOR THE DATABASE)

Once this is completed unless i totally forgot anything here you should have your environment setup for GalacticEngine

NOTE:
When running the data build if you choose to do so you MUST do so in the cygwin terminal DO NOT Double click and open with winbash OR git shell

#################################################################################
# SERVER BUILD INSTRUCTIONS
#################################################################################
1.Navigate to your GalacticEngine\swg\current\build folder...
2. Double Click Open_Server_Project.bat
3 This will Visual Studio 2015 It may take a while to load... once it does select the desired solution configuration (Debug/Optimized/Release) at the top of visual studio I recommend Release for running the server
4. Right click on all_server in the solution explorer and select rebuild and wait lol
5. Once the build is done return to your GalacticEngine\swg\current folder and Double Click GatherServerBins.bat this will find all the exe files that were just made and move them into the exe\server folder for you from there you can copy them into your play server or run them after running through the config setup process...

# CHAT SERVER BUILD INSTRUCTIONS
2. Double Click Open_ChatServer_Project.bat
4. Right click on all_server in the solution explorer and select rebuild and wait lol
5. Once the build is done return to your GalacticEngine\swg\current folder and Double Click GatherServerBins.bat this will find all the exe files that were just made and move them into the exe\server folder for you from there you can copy them into your play server or run them after running through the config setup process...

# C++ StationApi SERVER BUILD INSTRUCTIONS(UDP)
SEE STATIONAPI_CPP_BuildAndSetup.txt

# JAVA StationApi SERVER BUILD INSTRUCTIONS (TCP)
SEE STATIONAPI_JAVA_BuildAndSetup.txt

# CLIENT AND TOOLS BUILD INSTRUCTIONS
2. Double Click Open_Client_Project.bat
3 This will Visual Studio 2015 It may take a while to load... once it does select the desired solution configuration (Debug/Optimized/Release) at the top of visual studio I recommend Release for running the server
***NOTE*** TOOLS ONLY WORK IN OPTIMIZED they compile in release but only work in optimized properly
4. Right click on all_client in the solution explorer and select rebuild and wait lol
5. Once the build is done return to your GalacticEngine\swg\current folder and Double Click GatherClientBins.bat this will find all the exe files that were just made and move them into the exe\client folder for you from there you can copy them into your custom client folder

# SWG PLAY AND TESTING SERVER SETUP INSTRUCTIONS
1.Choose where you want to store the server and create a folder for it e.g c:\swgserver
2. inside that new folder add one called server
3 copy DO NOT MOVE the following folders from your repo clone... and all the bat files in c:GalacticEngine\swg\current(or wherever you stored your repo)
-data
-exe
-tools
-utils
4. Configure your server (See config guide i am working on in this forum)

# SOE SWG SERVER/Client Server Config Guide
1. Navigate to your play server folder then exe\server
2. Open each CFG File change the clustername and Address of each to your ip if its a local setup you can leave the ip as is otherwise just use your public ip and forward the correct ports in your router and call it a day lol
3. Edit servercommon.cfg the LoginServer Section and set enableAuth=0 or false to disable the authentication system OR
Set the correct url for the AuthUrl setting of your auth script

# PERFORCE REPO SETUP FOR CONTENT DEVELOPMENT INSTRUCTIONS
1.Download Perforce Server and the Perforce Client and install them
2. Open Perforce Client and login
3 Within the Perforce client create a "WorkSpace" name it whatever and copy the files from GalacticEngine into it within the workspace you must have the following structure swg/current/restofstuff
4. Once this is done and it will take a LONG time due to size and so forth...you should be able to run your tools if you put it all in c:\GalacticEngine otherwise you will have to edit the pathing in the exe\win32 cfg files.
5. Once completed you should be able to use most if not all the tools included with the source code

#################################################################################################
# NOTES
#################################################################################################
1. If first run on any planet set allowmasterobjectcreation=true in your configs which are in exe/win32/cfg nice and organized
2. I have tested having the entire ground game running at once on an i7 processor and 8gb of ram and had no issues but
see for yourself what your system can handle comfortably start small
3. You will need to open the iff editor and edit the server datatables for qa_admin and us_admin and change my login name to yours
4. You will need to either use my asp script or make your own for the login system its setup very simply right now ive included
Ive included my script and my mysql schema for ease of use with iis on windows but you can change the url to any that you choose
you will need to create a script that returns 1 for success 2 fail and some other number i cant remember but is in my script in wwwroot
5. Once youve setup all the data and your perforce server you should be able to use any of the editors in the exe/win32 directory
after editing the configs as needed your welcome! LOL this is in here to see if you actually read the entire thing and realize you dont have to build the
servers lmmfao just the data and copy in your client data lol

# Credits
Varant Interactive
Sonly Online Entertainment
Lucas Arts Ltd
lucasfilm
swgmasters
swgreborn
and in no small measure Myself Kbrooker
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://galacticengine.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down